Thank you so much for the brilliant job you did on Friday. The day was better even than I had hoped. The level and quality of participation was very high, everyone enjoyed it and we now have a clear sense of a shared direction. The report looks absolutely excellent - thanks for putting it together so quickly. – Cathy Wintersgill, Connect in the North
ICA:UK enabled a group of community volunteers and public sector employees to enter into a constructive dialogue about the preferred characteristics for the future LINK organisation. The training gave participants confidence and enthusiasm to seek a cross section of views on how the LINK should operate. I am happy to recommend ICA:UK for this and for other consultation exercises which have been equally productive. - Adrian Hardy, Assistant Chief Executive, Wigan Metropolitan Borough Council
Have us come to you to facilitate your workshops, away days, retreats, conferences, planning sessions and other events - and longer term consultation and engagement proceses - to meet your requirements.
We can tailor our approach to design one-off and longer-term processes to enable you and your people to effectively accomplish a wide variety of tasks together.
See also our specialist International programmes.
We work with small groups of just a few people to larger groups of dozens or even hundreds.
Typical tailored facilitation contracts include:
- Away days & retreats, for a staff team, management team, Board or partnership to take time out to reflect, learn and plan together. See case study (pdf): George House Trust
- Team-building events, for team members to get to know each other better, to build team spirit, and to work together on how they want to work together as a team
- Conferences and conference sessions, for participants to share experiences, reflect and learn together on an issue, topic or wider theme
- Consensus Workshops, including Mission, Values, Vision and other workshops. See case studies (pdf): Salvation Army & Co-operative Foundation
- Action Planning, for a team, organisation or community to plan a short to medium-term project, or an event such as a conference, or to plan for an interim period to recover from a crisis or research an opportunity
- Participatory Strategic Planning, to plan medium to long-term strategy for a team, organisation or community, from their vision of their desired future to a 30-day implementation plan of who will do what & how, starting on “Monday morning” See case study (pdf): Ponders End
- Strategic reviews, for a team, organisation or community to review progress against a plan, learn from and celebrate their experience and plan their next steps - see case study (pdf): George House Trust
- Stakeholder consultation & qualitative research, to engage with stakeholders, learn from their perspectives and build ownership and commitment for the way forward. See case studies (pdf): Wigan LINk and Manchester Primary Care Trust
- Facilitator coaching & mentoring, supporting you as you plan, design, prepare and reflect on a process that you yourself facilitate with your group
- Facilitated reflection and learning on your practice of participation, teamwork and partnership. See case study (pdf): Manchester Compact
- Capacity development – a longer term series of events, combining tailored facilitation with tailored training to develop the facilitation capacity of you and your team or organisation. See case sudies: SightSavers International (pdf), Woodcraft Folk (pdf), Bron Afon Community Housing (pdf) and AFFORD (pdf).
Request a quote
If you could benefit from tailored facilitation support for a task or event that you have in mind, please let us have some initial details. Before we can give you a quote we may need to contact you for further information, or even arrange an exploratory meeting.