Supercharge your learning at the UK’s top facilitation event of the year

A space to grow, reflect and learn together

Register for the International Association of Facilitators (IAF) England & Wales annual conference, and supercharge your learning this year by joining our special pre-conference ICA:UK ToP facilitation masterclass with Martin Gilbraith.

Conference attendees enjoy a 25% discount, IAF members and non-members.

Register now:

What is changing in the world of facilitation and workshop design?

What can 2023 teach us about the promises and challenges of 2024?

There are some fascinating insights on the practice of facilitation and the profession in this new survey report from SessionLab, not least that almost 20% of respondents report that they use ICA’s ToP facilitation methods – we wonder what the other 80% are waiting for!

This second annual report is based on the contributions of 975 facilitators around the world, and accompanied by commentary from 12 experts sharing their perspectives.

John Cornwell of our own ICA:UK Team and IAF’s Social Inclusion Facilitators comments on the demographics of the profession:

“We need to expand outreach efforts, include colleagues from various backgrounds worldwide, and create an inclusive and supportive environment for facilitators”

Read the report:

Taking your facilitation online

Includes Miro, Mural and Jamboard templates for ToP Focused Conversations and Consensus Workshops

A few places remain available on this month’s two-session course on adapting ICA’s ToP facilitation methods for the online world with Alan Heckman.

Register now:

Support us to support our international partners

The current focus of ICA:UK’s International Working Group is on:

  • providing support for local organisations in Africa through the Village Volunteers sponsorship scheme. We have recently been able to fund training in ToP methods for Support for Community Response, and training of Climate Change Educators through the Kombuni Water Development Self-Help Group, both in Kenya.
  • making plans for the expansion of the Village Volunteers scheme so that we can deepen and broaden our impact in Africa. Watch this space for more detail
  • exploring further expansion of ToP training in Romania by identifying and working with a local partner there

Add your support to Village Volunteers here.

Why ICA’s ‘Technology of Participation’ (ToP) facilitation training?

93% of participants rated Group Facilitation Methods 8/10 or higher

Comments from participants’ end-of-course evaluations included:

  • brilliant – a must-do if you want better, more effective meetings
  • provides two practical, easy-to-use methods to discover deep insights from diverse groups – useful tools for any group, organisation or community
  • benefits for experienced facilitator and novice alike
  • worth every penny – excellent content & great presentation

“Successful meetings are key to our internal and external successes. Many of our staff mentioned this training as a highlight in their end of year reviews – several said it was the most useful training they had ever attended.”

Eve Geddie

Find out what Group Facilitation Methods could do for you.

Download our course brochure here

** Last few places available **
Taking ToP Methods Online,
ONLINE, 15 Feb
with Alan Heckman

Adapting ICA’s ToP facilitation methods for the online world.
Group Facilitation Methods
LONDON, 20-21 Feb
with Martin Gilbraith

Introducing the foundations of the ToP approach, two powerful techniques for structuring effective conversations and building group consensus.
* Fast approaching *
Group Facilitation Methods
EDINBURGH, 20-21 Mar
with Martin Gilbraith

Introducing the foundations of the ToP approach, two powerful techniques for structuring effective conversations and building group consensus
ToP Masterclass
Birmingham, 25 Apr
with Martin Gilbraith

Facilitating dialogue, learning, consensus & change.

Also coming soon:

See the full 2024 schedule at

Looking for something else, tailored or in-house?

Let us come to you to meet your particular goals

Maximise your benefit from our training by letting us come to you, to meet your particular learning goals:

If your organisation or group needs a facilitator, or if you need support in designing and delivering a workshop, meeting or conference:

Meet Our Team, and Contact us!

Interested in joining our team of trainers?

We currently have seven trainee trainers at various stages of the trainer’s journey, and we are keen to grow and diversify our team further – learn more and contact us.

Have you got your Sticky Wall yet?

ICA:UK Sticky Walls are a great visual tool for facilitators, group leaders and trainers. They are light, portable and can be used anywhere. Arrange and reposition ideas easily to inspire idea generation and encourage group involvement. 

Buy now